Black Bean Burger Melt
This is a very quick and healthy black bean burger recipe that can be whipped up in minutes flat. You can make your own black bean burgers, but for sheer convenience and speed, you can use any store brand black bean or veggie burger which makes this a snap (see notes below). The avocado adds a freshness to the meal and the sauteed mushrooms add a nice dimension. Without the hassle and extra calories of a bun, this makes a real fun quick tasty meal. – Curt
1 Black Bean Burger
Swiss Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Thaw the frozen burger, or quickly microwave where it isn’t frozen.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or any skillet) to medium high temp.
- Add a dab of olive oil on skillet and spread around. Brown the one side of the burger.
- In another skillet, or if there is room in the skillet you are cooking with, add sliced mushrooms and saute till just soft and browned. Remove mushrooms when done.
- Flip burger, and top with sliced cheese. Continue to cook. I usually top the skillet with a lid to assist the cheese in melting. When done, remove the burger and place on plate. Smother with mushrooms and top with fresh sliced avocado. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can really use any veggie burger for this recipe. But my favorite is the Chipotle Black Bean Burger from Morningstar Farms. I buy them at Costco. They are 1/4 pound and really are great. Again, you can create your own veggie burgers at home but I have found it is a lifesaver to have some alternatives for when you are on the run, or don’t have a lot of time. This is why I love this recipe. It cooks up super fast, and is filling and nutritious. You can also add salsa to this dish for another nice twist.
You May Also Like:
- Falafel by Dancing Carrots
- Chivito Veggie-Burgers by by Dancing Carrots
- Loaded Sweet Potato by Dancing Carrots
- Portobello Mushroom Sandwich by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Veggie Burgers w/Cilantro Mayonnaise by Recipe Girl