Dancing Carrots 10 Pillars of Nutrition
1. Eat Mostly Plants – This means usually using plant oils instead of animal fats and usually choosing a vegetarian entree instead of meat.
2. Eat “Real” Food – Skip the packaged desserts, boxed meals, and fast food
3. Don’t eat too much – Watch your portion sizes and pay attention to when you are starting to feel full. Its ok to eat snacks, in fact you should not go more than 5 hours without eating something. Learn how to eat when you’re hungry and to stop when you’re full.
4. Get to know your body – Pay attention to how you feel after you eat something and remember the feeling. Eventually you will learn what your true food preferences are and will want to eat healthier.
5. Eat whole grains instead of refined ones as much as possible. Its how to get all their nutrients.
6. Eat more fruits and vegetables –5- 9 a day! It may be a lofty goal, but you can do it! And make sure to get some fresh, raw ones as much as possible.
7. Drink lots of water. Whenever you’re thirsty, whenever you start to get hungry, and whenever you think about it. Replace sugary beverages such as soda and juice with water.
8. Don’t “Diet” – If you are eating for health and have a physically active lifestyle, you will naturally attain your own healthy body weight.
9. Learn to cook – This will empower you to eat healthy food just the way you like it and without breaking the bank.
10. Limit added sugars –Sugary treats and desserts are once in a while foods. Listen to your body. It doesn’t want them as much as you think it does. Adding a little bit of sugar to a nutritionally packed breakfast or dessert to make it more palatable is good. Learn to have an appropriate relationship with sweet.
Other Healthy Lifestyle Pillars:
1. Balance your food intake with exercise. You don’t even need a gym pass. Just move. Every day. Pick some activities you enjoy such as: walking the dog, taking a yoga or dance class, gardening, sports, taking a bike ride, etc. Do something every day! Move your body!
2. Rest – Dont deprive your body of the rest it needs to heal and repair itself. Though it often seems there is not time to sleep, adequate rest can help us be happier, healthier, and more efficient. Take the time to sleep!
3. Reduce Stress – Delegate, meditate, exercise, change careers, get rid of the excess in your life – whatever it takes to reduce stress. It will help you be healthier and happier.
4. Peace of Mind – Listen to your conscience. Follow your heart. Live your religion. Be one with your spirit. However you describe it, make sure to have peace within you.