Gotta love Biscotti – and with Chocolate it’s the perfect to combo! This whole grain chocolate biscotti recipe is absolutely delicious. You can store them in a container for a month (if you can manage to keep them from disappearing in a day or two!) Wonderful for dipping in any warm or cold drink you choose or great for a snack or dessert all on their own. This Chocolate Biscotti recipe is easy, healthy, delicious… and so pretty too!
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix together. Add the sugars and blend into the flour mixture with an electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients. Blend on low speed until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the chocolate and almonds to the dough and blend thoroughly (dough will be very stiff and sticky)
- Dust your hands with flour. Place the dough on a clean work surface liberally dusted with flour. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Shape each into a 10″ x 2″ x 3/4″ log. Place on the prepared pan, 2″ apart.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min or until set. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 min. Cut the logs diagonally into 1/2″ slices. You can serve these this way, which will be a soft cookie, or if you want them to be hard, lower the oven temp to 325 degrees. Place slices on their sides on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 min or until firm. Transfer to racks to cool. Makes 18 servings (2 biscotti per serving).