Fabulous and healthy Blueberry Lemonade Pancake recipe. When I made these pancakes for the first time my husband told me, “These are the only pancakes anyone should ever eat.” These light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes can be made with or without blueberries in them, and are moist enough that they don’t even need butter and syrup. Some lemon juice and powdered sugar on top is a nice touch, though. – Jessica
2 cups whole white wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar (or 3 Tbsp honey or agave)
1/4 cup oil
2 cups butter milk (or 2 cups milk with 2 Tbsp lemon juice, let sit for 5 min.)
1 cup blueberries
- Mix: Combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately, stirring well. Then mix them together into the same bowl. Stir in the blueberries last.
- Cook: Heat a griddle or a fry pan to medium high heat. Pour 1/4 – 1/3 cup batter for each pancake and flip when they just start to turn golden brown.
- Top: Top pancakes with fresh squeezed lemons and powdered sugar. I also like to put a fruit mixture on top. Peaches, bananas, and blue berries are a nice combination.
You May also Like:
- Blender Pancakes by Dancing Carrots
- Multi Grain Waffles by Dancing Carrots
- Lemon/Cranberry Orange Scones by Dancing Carrots
- Flaxy French Toast by Super Healthy Kids
- Whole Wheat Raspberry Mango Pancakes by Two Peas & Their Pod