Delicious Blueberry Muffin Recipe. My mother-in-law made the most amazing blueberry muffins a while back. I got the recipe and then modified them to be whole grain, lower in sugar, and a bit simpler to create. It took some work, but the final product is still light, fluffy, and blueberrylicious! You will want to make these every time blueberries go on sale! – Jessica
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup fresh blueberries
- PREHEAT: Preheat oven to 400 F and grease muffin tins (for 12 muffins) with cooking spray.
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- BLUEBERRIES: Rinse the blueberries and drain or pat most of the water off. Place them in a small bowl and stir in 1 Tbsp of the dry ingredient mixture. Place 3 blueberries on the bottom of each of the 12 spaces in the greased muffin tins.
- WET INGREDIENTS: In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, egg, and yogurt.
- COMBINE: Carefully stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ones just until barely mixed.
- FILL: Fill each space in the muffin tins 3/4 of the way full with batter. Sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly on top of the muffins, pressing them down lightly.
- BAKE: Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately pop the muffins out of the tins, upside down onto a clean towel to cool.
Note: The careful placement of the blueberries on the bottoms and tops of the muffins is essential to not having them all clump together as one big blueberry blob.